Dutch meat croquettes are a traditional and very popular dish in Czech Republic for many decades, as a matter of fact this country experienced a boom of this delicacy during communist times. Although it might seem that this is a Dutch recipe, it’s actually not. They’re called Dutch croquettes only because they are made with minced meat and cheese, traditional ingredients in the Netherlands. There are doubts that these meat croquettes are as much popular to ice skating lovers on the Dutch frozen canals as in the Czech Republic where everybody knows and loves this meat & cheese dish.
Dutch Style Meat Croquettes
Delicious meaty and cheesy croquettes with unique taste.
- 500 g minced lean meat (beef, pork, chicken)
- 150 ml cream
- 200 g Edam or semi-hard cheese
- 3 eggs
- bread crumbs
- black pepper
- vegetable oil, butter or lard for frying
- In a container, mix the minced meat and cream together, cover with cling film and leave it to rest in the fridge overnight.
- Take it out from the fridge, finely grate the cheese in, season with salt and pepper and mix everything very well.
- Shape the patties using both hands, pass them first in slightly salted beaten eggs and after in bread crumbs. Repeat this once more.
- Gently fry on both sides.
- Serve with either boiled or roast potatoes.
World Gluttony http://www.worldgluttony.com/