I love preparing my dinners using whatever ingredients are available in the cupboard and the fridge. I can say that most of the times the dishes prepared without a specific recipe succeed, but sometimes things don’t turn out as planned. When I made farfalle pasta with salmon and rocket, I thought to give a bit of oriental kick and I adventured with lime juice and sesame seeds, ingredients that I don’t usually use when I prepare Italian dishes and especially with the pasta dishes. Luckily this time it was a hit and I still wonder why I had never thought of it before. Not only it is very easy, but also very quick to make. You should only pay attention and make sure that the sauce and pasta are more or less ready at the same time to prevent the tomato skins from shrinking. It is recommended to test it when you make it for yourself, so to succeed the next time if you ever want to serve it to your guests. They won’t be disappointed.
Farfalle Pasta with Salmon and Rocket
Number of People: 2
A delicious pasta dish with a hint of Oriental flavours.
- 220g of farfalle pasta
- 8 cherry tomatoes
- 1 medium salmon fillet
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 spring onions
- 1/2 lime
- 50g rocket (arugula for Americans)
- sesame seeds
- 2 basil leaves
- black pepper
- sea salt
- extra virgin olive oil
- In a large pan, gently shallow fry chopped spring onions, garlic and the cherry tomatoes cut in halves. Season with chopped basil leaves, sea salt and fresh ground black pepper. In the meantime, in a large saucepan, bring some water to boil with plenty of salted water and cook the pasta.
- When the cherry tomatoes soften and sweat, add the salmon fillet, sear it both sides and when slightly cooked break it in big chunks with a wooden spoon.
- Toast the sesame seeds in a smaller frying pan on medium heat until golden brown.
- When pasta is ‘al dente’, drain it, put it back in the saucepan, add the cherry tomato and salmon sauce, squeeze in the juice of the half lime and add the rocket. Gently stir to mix all the ingredients.
- Serve on pasta bowls and generously sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds.
World Gluttony http://www.worldgluttony.com/