Pineapple and calamari salad is something that I had never thought of. It was during my trip to Bali that I saw it for the first time. There and then I was a little puzzled but then this combination with calamari and pineapple made sense to me if I thought about other matches such as melon and Parma ham or cantaloupe and shrimps. Though I was it in Indonesia, I found out that this dish has Vietnamese origins. I could not wait to prepare it with my hands and feel again its taste… a little sweet and a little spicy… oriental, exotic… and above all very delicious!
Pineapple and Calamari Salad
A sweet and spicy appetizer with an Oriental flavour.
Write a review
- 2 medium squids
- 1 medium pineapple
- 1 semi-spicy chili pepper
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- fresh parsley
- black pepper
- sea salt
- Wash the squids with great care, chop them into thin strips about 5 cm.
- Cut the red pepper into long 4 pieces, remove the seeds and mix it with the strips of squids, fish sauce and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Pour into a pan or wok with hot oil and stir quickly until the strips of squid begin to curl. Remove from the pan and pour into a bowl.
- Pour into the pan or wok the pineapple previously cut into cubes of about 1 cm, add a pinch of salt and stir fry everything for 3-4 minutes.
- Add the squid and continue to stir fry everything in the pan for a few minutes or until the strips of squids are well cooked. Remove from pan and let cool. Remove the pieces of red pepper.
- Serve in small dishes with fresh parsley leaves.
World Gluttony http://www.worldgluttony.com/